The Chapel of the Resurrection, Dallowgill

St Peter's, which served the parish of Dallowgill from 1843, is now closed for services, but the small Chapel of the Resurrection, located just one mile from Laverton but with a lack of heating, hosts an early-morning service on Easter Sunday and others during the warmer months.

The chapel was built in the first half of the 20th century to replace St Peter's when Leeds City Council planned to flood the valley to create a reservoir. In the end, however, this plan never went ahead.

 

Contacts:

Mike Atkinson (churchwarden)  01765 658545, mowbraypark@aol.com